The project entitled “Overcoming Digital Barriers: Computer Literacy for Aged People (AGING TOGETHER)” was prepared by our Association during the 2018 Call for Proposals in the scope of the European Union Erasmus + Program Adult Education Strategic Partnerships Activity was awarded the grant.
Our projects partners are;
- Mehmet Akif Ersoy Public Education Center and Evening Art School Directorate (Turkey),
- Austrian Association of Inclusive Society (Austria- http://inclusivesociety.at/)
- Job Center for the Innovation and Development of Education and Technology – CIDET (Spain www.cidet.es) and
- The Centro Provincial per l’Istruzioni degli Adult Catania 1 (The CPIA Catania 1) (Italy www.cpiacataniauno.gov.it).
The aim of our project, which is carried out under the slogan of AgingTogether is to provide the ability to use computer and internet to adults over 60 years of age to stay in touch with friends and families, to make doctor’s appointments, banking transactions, shopping, weather, news sources etc. Thus, the project will ensure the participation of individuals over the age of 60 in social life and will support active aging and social inclusion of the elderly.
In order to achieve these objectives;
- Two short time training for trainers will be organized in Austria and Italy on different dates.
- Following the completion of the trainings, the trainers will train 70 elderly people with basic computer and internet usage by the Public Education Center, by The CPIA Catania 1 as well.
- Seminars will be held in Turkey and Italy
Outputs of the project;
- Quick Solution Center
- Education Curriculum Development,
- E-Learning Module,
- Content of Trainning Materials
The products to be obtained as a result of the project will be distributed to the relevant institutions in our country and benefited from the results of the project.
For more information please visit our project website : www.ageingtogether.org